Case study - Tech Safe Systems (UK) Limited - Business Sale
Sale of Tech Safe Systems (UK) Limied to Outreach Limited.
Tech Safe Systems (UK) Limited are specialists in the design, engineering and manufacture of Launch and Recovery Systems for Remotely Operated Vehicles, used most commonly in deep water industries such as oil and gas and offshore renewables.
MHA Larking Gowen assisted the shareholders in the sale of the business to Outreach Limited, a Falkirk-based leading supplier of hydraulic handling, lifting and access equipment.
We helped generate much genuine interest in the business and the shareholders were able to choose from a number of credible offers.
Peter Evans, director and shareholder of Tech Safe Systems (UK) Limited, said
“With the sale of the company to Outreach Ltd, I wish them all success with their expansion plan to take the company forwards at our Great Yarmouth site. The MHA Larking Gowen team have been invaluable in managing this process and we are very grateful to them for securing a happy outcome for all parties.”
James Lay, MHA Larking Gowen partner, said
“It has been extremely satisfying to advise the shareholders throughout the sale process. They deserve enormous credit for developing Tech Safe Systems into an internationally recognised offshore business. We found much interest from both independent and large multi-national buyers, and feel the undoubted synergies with Outreach will enable further growth and development of the business”.
MHA Larking Gowen provided assistance throughout the whole sale process, including:
- Marketing the business for sale on a confidential basis, including identifying and directly approaching potential buyers;
- Preparing the sales documentation;
- Negotiating with interested parties;
- Handling financial due diligence enquiries;
- Providing tax advice and structuring this into the deal;
- Assisting solicitors to draft the legal paperwork; and
- Co-ordinating the deal to enable the vendors to concentrate on running the business.