Local Restrictions Support Grant during national lockdown
Monday, 16 November 2020
The coronavirus Local Restrictions Support Grant supports businesses that were open as usual, but which have had to close due to the national lockdown restrictions imposed by the Government between 5 November and 2 December 2020. The grant will provide businesses with up to £3,000 for each 28-day qualifying period.
Who is eligible for the Grant?
Your business may be eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant if it:
- occupies property on which it pays business rates
- has been required to close because of the national restrictions from 5 November to 2 December 2020
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
For example, this could include non-essential retail, personal services or cafés/restaurants that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Eligible businesses will get one grant for each property liable for business rates.
Businesses that are required to close but do not pay business rates may be eligible for funding at the discretion of the local council.
What you will get
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, you may be eligible for a cash grant of £1,334 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period.
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000, you may be eligible for a cash grant of £2,000 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period.
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, you may be eligible for a cash grant of £3,000 for each 28-day qualifying restrictions period.
Local Restrictions Support Grants will be based on the rateable value of the property on the first full day of local lockdown restrictions.
- businesses which can continue to operate during the lockdown because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from their premises
- businesses that have chosen to close, but have not been required to close as part of the national restrictions
- businesses that have reached the state aid limit (€200,000 over a three-year period)
If you have any questions regarding the Local Restrictions Support Grant, please speak to your usual Larking Gowen contact. You can find contact details on the Our People section of the Larking Gowen website. Alternatively, call 0330 024 0888 or email email@example.com.