Case study - Pauls Cycles Limited - Business Sale
Monday, 12 June 2017
Paul’s Cycles Limited sell a range of bikes both online and instore to the general public. Established over 25 years ago and specialising in offering high quality bike brands at competitive prices, the business has grown considerably following the introduction of mail order and online sales services.
MHA Larking Gowen assisted the vendor with the sale of the business to Merino Private Equity following a competitive sales process.
We helped generate lots of interest in the business including listed entities, trade buyers and private equity buyers.
Paul Meachen, Director and shareholder of Paul’s Cycles Limited, said “Jack and James at MHA Larking Gowen worked extremely hard to get the deal over the line and often went beyond the call of duty on the transaction. I would have no hesitation in recommending MHA Larking Gowen to anyone considering the sale of their business.”
Jack Minns, MHA Larking Gowen Manager, said: “It has been extremely satisfying to advise Paul throughout the sale process. He deserves enormous credit for developing Pauls cycles into a recognised and successful brand within his industry. In Merino we have found a long term partner for the business that will continue to drive the business forwards for many years to come.”
MHA Larking Gowen Corporate Finance was asked to undertake the following work:
- Marketing the business for sale on a confidential basis, including identifying and directly approaching potential buyers
- Preparing the sale documentation
- Negotiating with interested parties
- Handling financial due diligence enquiries
- Providing tax advice and structuring this into the deal
- Assisting solicitors to draft the legal paperwork
- Co-ordinating the deal to enable the vendors to concentrate on running the business